Services were first held at the Fruitvale Community Hall in rural Lincoln on Sunday mornings under the auspices of the American Sunday School Union. Pastor Orville Cypert traveled from Carmichael Bible Church to lead this service. Soon afterwards, a weekly Wednesday night Prayer Meeting began at the home of Art and Dot Wilberger, then at the home of Frank and Dorothy Conley.
On October 9, 1955, the Fruitvale Community Bible Church was started. In January 1956, Frank and Dorothy Conley donated about 5 acres of land on Virginiatown Road to the church. A building was constructed on this site in 1960. Over the years, an upstairs Fellowship Hall and downstairs classrooms were added, and later on, a back addition with a nursery and children’s classrooms were completed.
In December of 2009, a building at 120 Flocchini Circle in the City of Lincoln was purchased. Architectural drawings and plans were submitted and approved to relocate FBC from Virginiatown Road and Flocchini Circle. The building will be retrofitted in two phases. Phase 1 construction began on July 23, 2012 and was completed on March 22, 2013. We held our first service at our new building on Resurrection Sunday. March 31, 2013. Throughout the spiritual stewardship journey of our relocation, the Lord has led and provided for us. He is a good and kind God to His people.
Our very first pastor was Oroville Cypert. For the more than 50 years since its inception, 15 men have filled the pulpit. Our current pastor Verne Nakasone was installed as our pastor in 1981.
Over the years, additions have been added and the inside remodeled, people have come and gone, but one thing has remained: a deep love for God and His people and a desire to spread the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ.